Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pennywise Eat Local Challenge


I am taking the plunge! I am going to try this Pennywise Eat Local Challenge starting on April 23, 2007.

http://www.eatlocalchallenge.com/2007/03/all_you_need_to.html

The purpose is to prove whether yuo can eat locally (within 100 miles of my home in San Francisco California) without going bankrupt! Personally I think it will be very difficult. Eating on $10 a day is hard enough as it is but doing it with local limitations will be next to impossible. I know for certain that means not going out to breakfast, lunch or dinner.

During this challenge I plan to keep track of my spending, and grocery list. The following will not be included as a part of this calculation:

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES (ALTHOUGH WINE WILL BE LOCAL)
SPICES (FRESH HERBS WILL BE PART OF THE CHALLENGE)
MISC CONDIMENTS (MUSTARDS, KETCHUPS, ETC)


I am up for the challenge and no doubt I will loose a few pound in the meantime. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow I commend you on your upcoming challenge. As a past resident of San Francisco I know the expense of eating out and man does it add up. Good luck on your Pennwise Eat Local Challenge and I can't wait to see how it works out for you.

Kitchen Bitch said...

Pennywise didn't really work out too well for he KB. I try to eat locally as much as possible but have you seen rent prices in this city? I have been shopping more locally at mom and pop style shops does that count?